25 Human Psychology facts you must know
Count how many you don't know
Hi 👋 Prado here
Welcome to 165 new subscribers. Currently, we are 2892 interesting people reading these newsletters every week. Join us now.
Every Wednesday, I publish one essay & 10 interesting things that will help you become healthy, wealthy and wise 👇
25 human-psychology facts you must know:
1. When you feel like you're low on something (like money), you obsess over it.
2. Decades of research now show that talking to yourself in the third person—also called "distanced self-talk"
— can help in emotional stability, self-control, and even wisdom.
3. At home, men will also act instinctively, by taking the side of the bed closest to the bedroom door - the symbolic act of defending the cave entrance.
4. Humans tend to think more about their losses even if they won more.
5. We tend to believe others pay attention to our behaviour and appearance much more than they actually do. This is called the spotlight effect.
6. "Spending money to show people how much money you have is the fastest way to have less money." - Psychology of money by @morganhousel
7. If the first tear comes from the right eye, that means happiness,
If it comes from the left eye, that means sorrow.
8. Men just wanna go home and watch sports or something. They hate shopping.
9. Men value things, women value relationships.
10. We can udnretsnad any msseed up stnecene as lnog as the lsat and frsit lteerts of wdros are in crrcoet palecs. Suhc as tihs stnecene. But why tohguh?
11. Your favourite subject is yourself.
12. Punishment is meditation What if we replace detention with meditation? this school did it and got amazing results (Read here)
13. How to know if someone's lying?
If someone's lying, they'll continue to elaborate on what they are saying.
14. This is so me.
15. Three questions that humans can't resist themselves from:
- Can I eat it?
- Can I have sex with it?
- Will it kill me?”
Food, Sex, or Danger - From reptiles to people.
16. People who hide their feelings usually care the most
17. Creative people and imaginative people are good at picturing the worst that could happen.
18. Humans are bad at managing emotions, not time. That's what Procrastination is all about.
19. The human mind spends most of its time replaying memories over and over with the desire to relive them. Let go of the bad ones.
20. Tell someone that everything will be great and they’re likely to either shrug you off or offer a sceptical eye. Tell someone they’re in danger and you have their undivided attention” - Read this in “The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel”
21. A woman is four to six times more likely to touch another woman in a social conversation than a man would another man. OWH MY GAWDDD REALLYYY
22. For financial success, psychology is more important than smarts. h/t @TrungTPhan
24. Understand how a male brain works.
25. Last but not least 👇
10 Interesting things for you 🙌
1. Moxie’s “first impression of Web3” piece blew my mind (Must-read)
2. Is it okay for guys to cry? (Blog)
3. Loyal Wives of Weinsberg - An old story on Critical thinking (Thread)
4. Something from my Twitter👇
5. Interesting Human of the week:-
Jeremiah Denton was taken prisoner in Vietnam and had to take part in a propaganda ad campaign… he blinked in Morse code T-O-R-T-U-R-E
6. Picture of the week:- Books are the best gifts ❤️
7. Question of the week:- Think before you answer.
8. Meme of the week:- This is me but with books hahahahaha
9. Current read: Back to reading Will’s Biography :)
10. Quote of the week:
Novelist Richard Powers put it: “The best arguments in the world won’t change a single person’s mind. The only thing that can do that is a good story.”
(Tweet this quote)
Chekhov said that the role of the artist is to ask questions, not answer them.
(Tweet this quote)
We live in an upside down world, where the good person has to go to a psychologist to learn to put up with the things the bad person does. - Crystallino
(Tweet this quote)
Check out some previous newsletters:
Diderot Effect (Read)
Life’s lines of Closeness (Read)
Cathedral Thinkers (Read)
Join in if you want me to trigger your curiosity every week👇
Personal Announcement 🚨
If you are subscribed to this newsletter, you automatically get an invite.
Rate this newsletter:
In This Together,
Sharing & commenting on this newsletter will help it reach more curious people ❤️